2011-01-16

PSF core grant, day 6 (more or less)

With my Ph.D. defence over and successful, I am hoping to get my final corrections done quickly so that I can start playing catch-up with my work. Currently I consider myself having put in equivalent time as if this post represents the end of the day on January 11th. My goal is to be complete and caught up by PyCon with my grant work.

Anyway, the highlight of the latest chunk of work is documents on how to propose changes to Python. First there is a doc covering how to propose additions to the stdlib. There is no specific doc on changes as that is essentially a bug report. Second, there is a doc on how to propose a change for the language. The goal is that people will read these and realize what they are in for and thus know how to properly prepare an idea instead of being told they need to go and do X things first.