Fiddling with the Google AJAX Feed API

Instead of going to bed I decided to do one last thing to the one page that is my web site; add dynamic "last updated" info based on a feed. I used the Google AJAX Feed API and it turned out to be pretty easy. Biggest pain was dealing with JavaScript's Data object and lack of built-in ability to pad digits. But otherwise it was rather easy to discover the feed on a page, get the feed, pull out the newest entry, and get the creation date for that entry. And then with some jQuery I was able to have the last-modified date fade in next to the link to the page.