2008-09-21

I like Twill

In a previous blog post, I talked about how I really like Google App Engine, but was frustrated by not being able to test my web app thanks to a disconnect between GAE and the Django Helper. Well, instead of waiting to get up and going under Django 1.0, I decided to give Twill a try.

And the try worked out well! Twill was easy to to use and provided pretty much everything I desired for the basic sanity tests I wanted to do for my web site. And it provided it with an API that was easy to use and kept me from having to hard-code much about the structure of the pages. My only complaint is the slight disconnect between Twill's browser object and the various commands it has (e.g. there is not a nofind() method on the browser object). But that is a very minor complaint.