Started a new Google Code project: Oplop

On a previous post about curses programming, I mentioned an app I wrote that implemented a hash-based approach to managing all of the passwords one collects on the Internet and elsewhere.

Well, I finally decided to toss the code online by creating a new Google Code Hosting project. The app basically takes a master password and a label to generate a unique password using MD5 and base64. There is a terminal, curses, and Tkinter implementation available based on one's needs.

Who knows if I will ever get around to the grand plans I have (native OS X implementation that can detect the web site you are on and help manage a labels file, a JS version so you can stick it up online and have access anywhere you have Net, and s60 version for cell phones, etc.). But at least the Tkinter version works. =)